Revised: May 22, 2018
Managing Your Information Preferences
Information We Collect
In the course of advertisement delivery, FatTail does not collect any Personal Information. We only collect information that personally identifies you, such as your name, address, e-mail, and other personally identifiable information that you choose to provide us with or that one of our clients has provided us with in order to use our Services (“Personal Information”). For e-mail publications from our clients, e-mail addresses may be joined with the information provided at our client’s Web site and may be augmented with other data sources. However, FatTail does not link e-mail addresses to any other Web browsing activities or clickstream data.
We collect anonymous data about users of our Site and Services (“Usage Data”). For example, each time you use the Site we automatically collect the type of Web browser you use, your operating system, your Internet Service Provider, your IP address, the pages you view, and the time and duration of your visits to the Site. We also collect data regarding whether you responded to an ad delivered. This anonymous information, however, does not identify any specific person. We use Usage Data to improve the quality of our Site and Services and to measure ad effectiveness on behalf of FatTail’s advertiser and e-mail newsletter publisher clients who specifically request it.
Cookies and Web Beacons
How We Use Information and When We May Share Information
From time to time, we may establish a business relationship with other businesses whom we believe trustworthy and who have confirmed that their privacy practices are consistent with ours (“Service Providers”). For example, we may contract with Service Providers to provide certain services, such as hosting and maintenance, data storage and management, and marketing and promotions. We only provide our Service Providers with the information necessary for them to perform these services on our behalf. Each Service Provider must agree to use reasonable security procedures and practices, appropriate to the nature of the information involved, in order to protect Personal Information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Service Providers are prohibited from using Personal Information other than as specified by FatTail.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
FatTail cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose Personal Information and any other information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties if, in our discretion, we believe it is necessary or appropriate in order to respond to legal requests (including court orders and subpoenas), to protect the safety, property or rights of FatTail or of any third party, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to comply with the law.
FatTail recognizes the importance of safeguarding the confidentiality of your Personal Information. Accordingly, we maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of information transmitted to us. However, no data transmission over the Internet or other network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect information transmitted on or through the Site or Services, we cannot and do not guarantee the security of any information you transmit on or through the Site or Services, and you do so at your own risk.
Links To Other Web Sites
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete such information from our records.
Special Note for EU Users—Your Rights and Choices
The data controller for the Site and Services is:
20969 Ventura Blvd.
Woodland Hills, CA 91364
We use the information we collect about you to pursue the following purposes, which are necessary for the performance of the contract between us to provide you with the products or services you requested or which we consider in our legitimate interests:
- To enable you to register to the Site and Services;
- To send you transaction-related emails or push notifications;
- To offer you the features for which you provide information;
- To handle any request you may have to our consumer services such as resolving your problem or question, manage any complaints or deal with any feedback you may provide us;
- For statistical analysis of aggregated data to help us segment our offering and develop our products and services;
- To better understand the way in which the Site and Services are working, to offer better experience to you when using the Site and Services, to create statistics in relation to the use of the Site and Services, and our other services and offerings in general; and
- To help us diagnose technical and service problems and administer the Site and Services.
Based on your voluntary consent, we also use:
- your browsing data to better understand your profile, interests, preferences to enhance your user experience and facilitate your experience and offer you relevant information and promotional materials and interest-based advertising; and
- your Personal Information and we may combine these with third-party data to send you personalized emails and push notifications tailored to you and your interests.
In order to comply with our legal obligations, we may also use some of your Personal Information to detect and prevent illegal uses, abuse, spam, fraud, security incidents and other harmful activity or government or court orders.
You may have certain rights under EU data protection legislation with respect to your Personal Information, such as the right to:
- request access to and be provided with information on the processing of your Personal Information;
- request corrections of your Personal Information if such Personal Information proves inaccurate or incomplete;
- object to the processing of your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes or to any processing which we would have based on our legitimate interest (e.g. profiling);
- receive Personal Information which you provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit it to another provider provided it is processed based on your consent or our contract; and
- lodge a complaint with your relevant data protection authority.
Regarding the transfer of Personal Information to countries outside the EU, we have entered, or will enter, into so-called “Standard Contractual Clauses” approved by the Commission of the European Union for international transfer of personal information to controllers or processors established in third counties as the case may be, when appropriate.
The principle that we apply is that your Personal Information will be deleted when they are no longer necessary for the purpose for which they were collected.